A popular summer-flowering bulb, these showy plants can be used in borders and are also ideal in containers. Bring containers in before the first frost to preserve your bulb for the next growing season. Alocasia Portora will bloom throughout summer and into fall.
These bulbs or ‘tubers’ will also re-produce/propagate over the years and make more bulbs the longer you have them!
– Grows 3-6ft tall and wide
– Performs best in full sun or partial sun
– Requires regular watering, especially in the hot summer months
– Excellent addition to any garden, along borders or houses
– Generally disease and pest-free
– Cold-hardy in Zones 8-11 (in other zones, you must dig up and bring inside in the winter)
– Planting time: Spring